Best SEO Keyword Research Tools Competitors – Keyword Research Tutorial 2015
What are the best SEO Keyword Research Tools and their competitors? Is there a good free keyword research tool? This keyword research tutorial for 2015 can be helpful for you to target the proper keywords for high traffic, and low competition. Doing proper keyword research before you start your blog post, website, Youtube video or for Local SEO purposes can help tremendously when it comes to ranking well in the search engines.
When it comes to using a premium keyword research tool vs a free keyword research tool for Search Engine Optimization, there’s really no comparison. I explain exactly why in the keyword research tutorial down below, which shows you exactly how I use keyword tools to perform local SEO audits for clients, and for myself because I know how costly (traffic-wise) it is if I choose bad keywords to target on the front end.
What is Keyword Research for SEO? Do SEO Keyword Research Tools Make a Difference?
Imagine if you went out to the golf course to play, and there were no holes. Imagine playing a basketball game without a goal, or graduating college without a grading system in place. Not performing keyword research for a blog, video content, or website (IF your goal is to get traffic and rank) is similar to this in that it’s fine if you’re a writer and just want to write. My wife writes on her blog, and it’s cathartic for her.
However, if you have a goal of being visible or get a lot of organic traffic online, performing good keyword research is worth the extra few minutes it takes to do it. Keyword research allows you to target the best SEO keywords for your blog content to rank well in the search engines.
If you’re a beginning blogger or online marketer, right now you don’t understand On-page SEO, you can check out my On-page SEO Tutorial here that explains what I mean.
Here are the SEO keyword research tools I discuss in the video if you’d like to take the free trials for them.
- Vidneos for Video SEO and Free Keyword Research for Life after a one time purchase of $37. I use Vidneos often for conducting research on Youtube videos, finding good linking opportunities, keyword demand, keyword competition, and use it often for local search results metrics.
- Jaaxy Free Keyword Research Tools Trial for beginning marketers, or experienced SEO experts to try out. Great SEO keyword research tools for $19.99 per month. I love this tool if I’m really trying to target the best possible keyword phrases for a blog post, or Youtube video title, as well as anchor text phrases. It saves your search history, and is extremely affordable to use.
- Wealthy Affiliate has a free keyword research tool with their trial membership, along with free online marketing training for affiliate marketers, or new bloggers. There are several nice tools within Wealthy Affiliate, and their keyword search tool shows me most of the numbers I need for good phrases.
- Bright Local SEO Research Tools are great for local marketers, or anyone that wants to learn advanced SEO techniques. I use this all the time to help my SEO clients rank in the top 3 consistently within 30-60 days depending on the niche. 7 tools and 30 day free trial which is great! This is by far my favorite SEO research software platform for conducting local SEO audits. There are seven SEO research tools here for $19.99 a month, so its a great value.
- Google Keyword Planner isn’t my favorite keyword research tool at all. It’s a free keyword search tool, sure, but not very helpful to get the critical data a person needs to rank as well as they can in the search engine imo. https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner
- Moz.com has some great tools, yet can be very expensive on a monthly basis unless you’re a full time SEO expert. SEMRush falls into a similar category for me. Noble Samarai is a great keyword and niche research tool as well, and not very expensive at all.
Lastly, Niche Genetics Keyword Research Tool is another great tool that is very similar to SEMRush only it doesn’t have as high of price tag. It’s extremely nice software for $27 a month or $127 annually I believe. Check it out here:
This SEO Keyword Research Tools Tutorial is geared towards small business owners, or local marketers wanting to take their online marketing skill set to the next level.
I’m not a fan of the free keyword research tools because they just don’t give you enough data if you’re serious about search engine optimization. Sadly, most smaller SEO firms use free tools or none at all and their clients suffer as a result.
Find out if your web developer users good tools, and even better, get an SEO audit to see where you stand in the search engines today. Let me know if you have any questions on the SEO keyword research tutorial in the comments section, or if you have suggestions on tools that you like using as well.