Give me a paint brush! I want to create my future!
Designing your future sounds exciting, doesn’t it? Think back to when you were 20. The slate was clean, there was a world of possibilities, the sky was the limit, and you were focused on your dreams coming true. What happens to most of us?
Life has a way of throwing us curves, and over time we conform to what others are doing. You will become like the Top 5 People you spend time with typically. You will have similar houses, incomes, lifestyles, drinking habits, drugs, cars, etc and typically stop taking chances as you get older. But wait a minute….where are you right now? Yes, I mean now. In your current life, your chair, your bed, in front of your computer… right now. Are you happy with your life? NOW is where we start to re-create our future.
Designing a new life is like creating a masterpiece, but the only difference is that our “canvas” is not blank. We have experiences, thoughts, beliefs, ideas and things all over it. We can’t just wipe it all off and start over, nor would we want to – it would be a little strange to tell our kids to find new parents. We must create our masterpiece inside of the one we have already created. But we do it in a way that it is not just the new on top of the old, but an entirely different, transformed piece of art. And that is the fun part.
Today you will learn:
- 3 of The Biggest Mistakes People Make in Their Lives.
- How to “Start Where You Are?”
- The Power of Positive Affirmations and I AM Statements
- How to Develop an Entrepreneurial Mindset Special Bonus – Free Copy of “Think & Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill #1 Personal Development Book of all time
So, where do we start?
WHERE YOU ARE. Taken from the movie “The Pursuit of Happyness”, Chris Gardner (Will Smith) asks for advice on “How do I get started?” The man’s response… “Start where you Are.” You’ve heard the saying “Today is the first day of the rest of your life”? Well it is, and no matter what situation you find yourself in today, financially or otherwise, you can create the life you’ve imagined by exercising a few good habits, and repeating them on a daily basis.
You didn’t get in your situation overnight, and you won’t get out of it overnight either. However, by taking massive action NOW, you can change your situation in as little as few days or weeks, but certainly within just a few months.
Design Your Future & Avoid 3 Key Mistakes Most People Make:
1. We ignore our past When we don’t like an element of our past, we complain about it, make up a story about it or just simply ignore it. The problem is that we have thoughts, feelings and beliefs from those incidents that don’t go away. So we carry them with us into the present. Put the past in the past…Your New Life is Waiting!
2. We don’t want to face our present situation We think we have a good relationship, but our partner thinks we have problems. We think we are close to our kids, then things go terribly wrong. We think our finances are in order, then tax time comes and we owe more than we thought. We think we are spiritual, but we don’t remember the last time we prayed. We like to keep things status quo. Problems scare and confuse us. FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real. We avoid trying new things to avoid potential problems with change. In fact most people operate with a fear of loss more than they desire positive gains in their life. Accept your current situation as it is, and focus on positive results in your future.
3. Because we are not clear about our past and our present, we don’t get the future we want When we create our future from a place that is not real, it is like giving your accountant the wrong numbers for your tax return or like grabbing salt instead of sugar when baking a cake. If you’ve never made $100K a year, why expect to make $500K or take advice from people that don’t make 100K? That’s not reality, and it just plain doesn’t make sense. We build a life then we are surprised when it doesn’t turn out like we want. We just need to get real.
Auto-Suggestion, Positive Affirmations The Power of I AM
Affirmations are positive statements that describe a desired situation, and which are repeated many times, in order to impress the subconscious mind and trigger it into positive action. In order to ensure the effectiveness of the affirmations, they have to be repeated with attention, conviction, interest and desire.
Roger Bannister breaking the 4 minute mile barrier is probably the best example of the power of positive affirmations I’ve ever heard of, and considered one of the greatest feats in the history of sports. In 1954, scientists, doctors, and athletes were convinced that it was physically impossible to run a sub 4 Minute mile. Roger Bannister believed he could, and told himself over and over that he in fact had already run a 4 minute mile. As he approached the finish line to break the “unbreakable” record, he kept telling himself “I can do this, I can do this, I can do this”. On May 6, 1954 he ran a mile in 3 Minutes 59.4 Seconds to break the psychological wall of the 4 minute mile. The key? He Believed that he already had broken the record, and told himself so daily.Most people repeat in their minds negative words and statements concerning the situations and events in their lives, and consequently, create undesirable situations. Words and statements work at both ways, to build or destroy. It is the way we use them that determines whether they are going to bring good or harmful results.
Often, people repeat negative statements in their minds, without even being aware of what they are doing. Do you keep thinking and telling yourself that you cannot do something, you are too lazy, lack inner strength, or that you are going to fail? Your subconscious mind accepts as true what you keep saying, and eventually attracts corresponding events and situations into your life, irrespective whether they are good or bad for you, so why not choose only positive statements?
Affirmations program the mind in the same way commands and scripts program a computer. They work in the same manner as auto suggestion mentioned in Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. The repeated words help you focus your mind on your aim, and automatically build corresponding mental images in the conscious mind, which affect the subconscious mind. The conscious mind, the mind you think with, starts this process, and then the subconscious mind takes charge. By using this process consciously and intently, you can affect your subconscious mind and thereby transform your habits, behavior, mental attitude and reactions, and even reshape your external life.
Sometimes results appear quickly, but often more time is required. Depending on your goal, sometimes you might attain immediate results, and sometimes it might take days, weeks, months or more. Getting results depends on several factors, such as the time, focus, faith and feelings you invest in repeating your affirmations, on the strength of your desire, and on how big or small is your goal.
It is important to understand that repeating positive affirmations for a few minutes, and then thinking negatively the rest of the day, neutralizes the effects of the positive words. You have to refuse to think negative thoughts, if you wish to attain positive results.
How to Repeat Affirmations
It is advisable to repeat affirmations that are not too long, as they are easier to remember. Repeat them every time your mind is not engaged in something important, such as while traveling in a bus or a train, waiting in line, walking, etc., but do not affirm while driving or crossing a street. You may also repeat them in special sessions of 5-10 minutes each, several times a day.
Relax any physical, emotional or mental tension while affirming. The stronger the concentration, the more faith you have in what you are doing, the more feelings you put into the act, the stronger and faster will be the results.
Choose only positive words, describing what you really want. If you desire to lose weight, do not tell yourself “I am not fat” or “I am losing weight.” These are negative statements, bringing into the mind mental images of what you do not want. Say instead, “I am getting slim” or “I have reached my right weight”. Such words evoke positive images in the mind.
Always affirm in the present tense, not the future tense. Saying, “I will be rich”, means that you intend to be rich one day, in the indefinite future, but not now. It is more effective to say, and also feel, “I am rich now”, and the subconscious mind will work at overtime to make this happen now, in the present.
The power of affirmations can help you to transform your life. By stating what you want to be true in your life, you mentally and emotionally see and feel it as true, irrespective of your current circumstances, and thereby attract it into your life.
“I AM” is the single most powerful statement in the English Language. If you’re familiar with the term, when you say I AM and attach it to a positive affirmation, your subconscious WILL immediately go to work if you truly believe you can achieve your statements. Try to write down 10-20 Positive Affirmations, and at a minimum, say them every night before you go to bed, and every morning when you first wake up. State them as though you are already in possession of the outcome, or the desired state of mind. THIS WORKS!!!
Examples of I AM Statements and Positive Affirmations
– I AM physically fit, healthy, and attractive.
– I AM financially free and have 10K a month in passive income in my business.
– I AM Married to Christy Webster (I actually wrote this about my wife 2 weeks after I met her!)
– I AM making a difference in the lives of 1000’s of people across the world.
– I AM a sought after speaker and author.
– I AM an excellent father, son, brother, friend, and husband.
– I have helped 5 people become financially free, and helped them live their dream life.
– I AM taking 5 Vacations a year with my family, and teaching them new things about different cultures in the world.
– I AM fluent in Spanish, or a foreign language.
– I AM an accomplished guitarist.
– My energy is amazing, and I get 8 Hours of Sleep a Night.
– I AM loved by others because I show unconditional love FOR others.
– I give without expecting to receive.
– I AM grateful to my customers, friends, my Church, my family, and I openly express my love and appreciation for them.
– And so on…think of your own, but this is POWERFUL! Say them in the morning, and at night and watch the transformation take place!
Think-and-Grow-Rich (<<—–Download it Free from the link) is the best selling personal development book of all time, and almost the entire book is dedicated to Positive Affirmations and the impact they had on some of the most famous men in our history. Henry Ford, Dale Carnegie, Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Woodrow Wilson to name a few of his subjects, Napoleon Hill is convinced (I AM too) that “What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve” Positive Affirmations are the most important key to life transformation.
Another great book you can download for Free is “As a Man Thinketh” by James Allen. It’s another book on mindset which is where transformation begins. Thoughts are things, and what we think about most of the time…we become!
Along with Positive Affirmations, the Entrepreneurial Mindset is so critical in achieving massive success. One of the best books I’ve seen for developing a positive entrepreneurial mindset is “The Slight Edge” by Jeff Olson
In your next lesson of the 7 Steps to Designing your Future, you will learn how to identify the best way to motivate yourself internally, and give you the focus to achieve your goals.
Thank you and until next time, keep believing, and I will see you, yes YOU, at the top!
P.S. Please visit us often at www.deanethridge.com for the latest information on how to improve your life, and improve your financial situation. Feel free to share our site with people you care about, as our goal is to reach as many people in need as possible.
Step 1 Entrepreneurial Mindset and Positive Affirmations, Getting Started
Step 2 Find Your Why
Step 3 When Your Passion becomes Your Purpose How to Choose a Business
Step 4 How to Brand Yourself What is a Blog? What Should You Write About? Specific Knowledge
Step 5 How to Use Social Media, Set Up Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
Step 6 Video Marketing, Post Sale Follow Up, Prospecting, Appreciation Marketing
Step 7 Personal Development, Goal Setting, Personal Growth
Design Your Future
Design Your Future
Design Your Future