What is Google Blog Search?
So what is Google Blog Search anyway? In short Google blog search is a search engine that google put together to help you find the best ranking blogs in a particular niche. If you’re looking for specific content from “real people” like bloggers that you can actually talk to, Google blog search can be a great tool to connect with people just like you. It’s also a great tool to help you build your own blog traffic, and attract the exact target audience that you are looking for…
I’ve been working on my Journey to a Million video series a lot lately, and as I come across things that will help new bloggers get more traffic and leads I like to share that information. One thing that still helps build your popularity on your own website, builds page rank, and helps with the positive laws of attraction is to leave comment back links. Using Google blog search is one of the best comment back linking strategies that I know of and it starts getting leads and traffic immediately.
How Does Google Blog Search Work?
You will start by going to www.google.com/blogsearch and if you blog is in health and wellness for example, type in health and wellness. Here you will find the top ranking blogs in that particular niche. If you are new to blogging, or even experienced, you will find that most of the high ranking blogs have a great Alexa rating. Most blogs use a commenting system like Disqus or Comment Luv and Google looks at comments as an indicator of whether the particular article is news or “rank” worthy. Typically the more comments, the higher the ranking because people are engaged on that particular article (Feel free to comment on this one 🙂 ).
How Can You Get More Leads with Google Blog Search?
At any rate, you get the point about comments but I want you to fully understand what leaving comments can do for you as a long term strategy on SEO. Keep in mind to always put http:// in front of your domain as you leave a comment on a particular post you like. Here are the benefits of leaving comments on a popular blog using Google Blog Search:
- You Become More Visible – As people scroll through the comment section they will see YOU on the list, and if your comment sounds professional or interesting, they will have a direct link to your blog. Make sense? They may be searching for a particular topic, but not particularly like the writer of the article and keep searching…
- Targeted Leads – The people visiting these popular blogs are ALSO interested in Health and Wellness because they did a search for that particular niche. They are vocal, active, and usually influential if they understand the importance of engagement and community.
- Attract More Comments to Your Blog – Remember the positive laws of Attraction in that if you leave more comments, more comments will somehow appear on your blog. It works…trust me on this. More comments means more traffic to you long term. If you give them out, they will come back to you in return and Google uses comments as a traffic “measuring stick. It only takes a minute as you can see in the video. I try leave 5-10 a week as I read articles.
- Builds Page Rank – Some blogs allow “do-follow” back links and if you have an Alexa rating of 4 million, and you link to a site that is 400,000 it helps you build you “popularity votes” within Google as well. It tells Google “This site might be important if they are connected to better sites out there”. Lets say you’re a local Realtor and you have 10 pages on your site, no back links to your site at all, and someone else has 10 but 30 links coming back to their site. Does it make sense that Google has to determine that the site with more links is more active, or working their business more often? It sees a “dead site” with no activity as one they don’t want to reward with good ranking.
- Lastly, and Very Importantly…Makes You More Relevant in YOUR Niche – If you are commenting with other Health and Wellness, Technology companies, etc doesn’t it make sense that a pattern is developing to the search engines that this is your field of interest on your particular blog? If you are active, leaving comments, and being engaged to your site as well, you start to climb the search engines because of it.
The best part is you are becoming a known authority in your niche, attracting other people that are also interested in your niche, and when you connect with them the odds are you may form some kind of lasting business relationship. Try to make it a habit to leave a comment on every article you can, and over time you will see your page rank increase, your traffic will increase, you’ll get more comments on your own blog, but most importantly you will attract the EXACT type of person you want to do business with!
Feel free to share this article if you think it provides some value to others, and make it a super day!
PS If you’re looking for a step by step way to attract daily leads online that works, its totally free, please sign up for my updated Journey to a Million Video Series that walks you all the way through establishing a solid online presence. Best of luck!
Other Search Terms:
- Google Blog Search Tips
- Comment Backlinks on Google Blog Search
- Finding relevant blogs on Google Blog Search
- What is Google Blog Search?
- Blog comments on Google Blog Search
Google Blog Search
Google Blog Search
Google Blog Search