Why Companies are Now Using Video to Market
Five years ago, it was only business to consumer companies doing anything with video on the Internet to attract new customers. That was of course BG and BG and YT – Before Google and Before Google acquired YouTube, that is. That happened in 2006, and at the time, YouTube was mainly used by “the young folks” for sharing personal and music videos. Then everything changed. With each passing year, video has become increasingly important to not only BtoC companies, but manufacturers and industrial companies as well. There are good reasons for that, and here are just a few of them:
- A survey conducted by video ad company YuMe revealed that 49% of respondents said they watch videos on the Internet every day.
- In that same YuMe survey, 66% surveyed said they watched more online video now than they did a year ago, and 40% said they expected to spend even more time on the Internet watching videos in the future.
- Some individuals are much more comfortable “learning” through visual, as opposed to written communication. For this segment of your target audience, video is your best bet for reaching them.
- No matter how well written, text can never quite compare with video in demonstrating how a technical product, piece of machinery, or system works.
- Video delivers substantial SEO benefits. According to Forrester Research, video increases the chance of your website landing on the front page of Google search results by 53 times. Did you get that? You’re 53 times more likely to come up on the front page of Google with a video than with text alone. That’s what I call an impressive statistic!
- Forrester also reported that emails containing video deliver two to three times the click-through rates of emails without video.
- Video makes any company look more authentic, more credible, and depending on the content, more human.
- The greatest copy in the world cannot engage and move an individual to action the way a well-produced video can. Video sells – literally. Why do you think infomercials have made millions for inventors of ho-hum products?
I say this all the time, the quality of the video itself is not quite as important as the content. In this early phase of video use by industrial marketers, much is forgiven. We’re in the stage of new technology adoption, comparable to the dating/romance stage of a relationship. Many flaws are excused initially as we view the industrial companies stepping out with videos on their websites. YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook are viewed as courageous pioneers and technically savvy marketing leaders. Isn’t that how you’d like your company to be viewed? Well if you fully comprehend what this research tells us, then you will understand why I made the switch to start building Talk Fusion a while back. I often think of a quote by Bill Gates, and Talk Fusion’s founder uses it as well. “Find out where the masses are going, and try to get there first” Some of technology advancements we’ve seen in the past are as follows:
- Radio – The Spoken Word. Millions of Americans used to get their news and information via the radio.
- TV – The Addition of Video to the Spoken Word. Within the television world we have seen the technology go from Black and White to Color, Cable, Flat Screens, and now 3D Screens.
- The Internet – The Written Word. When the internet first came out, if you’ll remember, it was just a bunch of text and it wasn’t really exciting. Kinda like reading a newspaper without pictures at first.
- Video Media + The Internet – As I mentioned, we noticed a big shift of media (pictures at first) becoming prevalent on the internet. The sayings “image matters” and “picture is worth a thousand words” mean more today than ever. Video content will dominate the internet in the next 2-3 years, but its still in the early growth stages.
If you would like to know more about how you can incorporate Talk Fusion Video Products and Services into your business strategy please let me know. Also, you should now clearly see why Talk Fusion is in momentum on a Global Scale with their business opportunity. This is their market…They help businesses of all types begin the transition to Video Marketing. Video Marketing is THE best way to brand your business. Get started today by giving me a call at 865.388.4000 or emailing me at [email protected]