Sooo you wanna know how to get listed on the front page of Google, but you’re not an SEO Ninja? Well here’s a really easy, simple way to get your business listed at the top of search engines locally, and it works everytime. I’ve included a video below that shows you step by step what you need to do. This will work for Network Marketing businesses, landscaping, insurance, telecom, real estate, you name it…it works, and its FREE! No catch
First think about the category your business falls under. If you’re a personal trainer, sell nutritional supplements, weight loss, and the obvious ones such as real estate, etc. You will want to place your business in different categories if possible to maximize your exposure. Feel free to call me at 865.388.4000 and I’ll be glad to walk you through this if you need help.
What You Need To Get Free Advertising On Google
Before you jump in and get your free advertising on Google you will need to have these things:
- An account with Google.
- A short description of your business for when a user clicks on your business name.
- The phone number(s), addresses and any other contact information you want to advertise. Remember that the phone number will show up on the results page.
- A logo and/or image(s) of your business and products.
How To Get Free Advertising On Google
- Go to www.google.com/local and search for your business to verify that it is not already listed.
- Go back to www.google.com/local and click “Put your business on Google Maps” found in the left side bar.
- Follow the simple steps provided by Google. You will be asked to verify your business by phone or SMS. A good tip is to to not put your full address into Google but rather the largest town in your area. For example I live about 20 minutes outside of Newcastle in suburbia and not as many people would search for ‘graphic designer cardiff’ as they would ‘graphic designer newcastle’. I also do not want to show my home address on Google Maps as I freelance from home so this is a good way around it.
- Come back in a few weeks and see if your listing is up. My listing took about 3 weeks to show up and started off in position D and somehow moved to position A… I am not sure how this is controlled but I won’t complain.
- Well there we have it, you can now get free advertising on Google. You can track and edit your listing by going back to the Google Local page.
- You can also offer coupon codes on your Google Local listing – use this to your advantage!
- You can also add your products to Google Base, the product search engine.