25 Tips to Getting More Conversions on Your Website
How Do Get More Conversions Online?
- Learn Copywriting and Persuasion Skills – Copywriting is a proficiency that all online business owners should pay close attention to. Whether it’s writing Blog posts, PPC ads or sales letters copywriting is one of the most important techniques you need to boost your conversions.
- Social Proof – Getting written or even better video testimonials will give you instant credibility with your audience. If people “know you, like you, and trust you” they will buy from you. This is one of the easiest ways to boost conversions immediately and you can place video testimonials right in your side-bar. Ask a co-worker to make a testimonial for you, and post it on your site!
- Credibility and Accreditation – Placing logos from 3rd party sites linking to Google Place, Yelp, Yellow Pages or a professional group demonstrates to your audience you’re not a one and doner, and you take your business seriously. This will dramatically help boost conversions.
- Use Benefit Oriented Content – Most people sell with features in hopes that people SEE the benefits of their product. However, most people don’t realize what your product will actually do for them. Show the benefits first to boost conversions.
- Use Photos of Real People, Things or Situations for Landing Pages – People identify with race, cars, lifestyle, etc. Depending on who you are as a person and marketer as well as your audience, post accordingly to boost conversions.
- Use Good Follow Up – When I have time I try to shoot a quick email to every person that opts in to my list. You would be amazed at how many people appreciate that they are not just an email, but a real person. Choose a good email autoresponder to follow up with your prospects, and follow up with them once a week if possible. I use Talk Fusion because its very simple to use, has 10 different tools with the service for only $35 a month.
- Make Your Hyperlinks Red – Studies have shown that blue links convert the best because of the neutral color of links used online. However, studies have also shown that more conversions are generated by making your links red. I did this recently and it has helped my clickthroughs tremendously.
- Create Demonstration Videos or good FAQ Videos – My best conversions come from making FAQ videos and answering the most common questions people have about products I’m marketing. If you demonstrate software, before and after pictures of what your product has done, or make a habit of solving problems for people, you will see your conversions start to roll in!
- Reduce Content on Landing Page – Marketers go back and forth on this one, but today the best way to get more conversions on a landing page is to keep your content simple. Say a few main points about what you’re offering, and make a nice optin form on your page. Make a video to explain in more detail if you’d like, but don’t go overboard on copy. People get lost in the clutter and it will hurt your conversions.
- Add Audio or an Intro Video to Your Website – A picture is worth a thousand words, but in online marketing a video is worth thousands of dollars! People want to know who they are buying from even if it is a company. An intro video will help your audience identify with you immediately, and an audio will compliment your pictures if you have a face for radio! 🙂 Check out my post for creating a good intro video on my site and make one immediately to get more conversions on your site.
- Use Popup Sign-Up Forms – Ok…I hate popup forms I’ll be honest! Despise them because they are so annoying to me, BUT they work in certain situations. I started using a company call vCita recently that uses a subtle popup form and it has really helped me get more conversions in people wanting more information. It’s a fantastic tool, so use the tricky popups at your own discretion. For me, I’m not a fan but I do enjoy vCita.
- Focus on Your Funded Proposal – This is one of the things I have struggled with the most, and its because you have to really study what your audience wants the most and give that away. I started with WordPress training, but I’m making a new one for “How to Make $1000 extra per Month” formula. People want money so I’m going to give that to them. Whatever you are an expert in, give that information away to build your email list and get more conversions.
- Run Live Support or a Chat Feature on Your Site – Caution here if you are really busy, but early on when you are scrambling to get leads, people will want to talk to a live body about your product or service. Try downloading a wordpress plugin that will enable a chat feature on your site. It really does help with getting more conversions.
- Offer Multiple Tier Options – People on budgets may not want your premium offering, but may upgrade to it later. Get your customers “in the game” with a lower priced offering and show value on the back end to get more conversions.
- Do a Website Makeover or Your Site or Product – Change is good in some situations especially online. I have visitors that come back to my site to see what new changes I’ve made, and I’m needing to make some changes to my site as we speak. That said, it keeps you from being stale to your audience and they will view you as someone that takes your business seriously if you’re constantly making good changes to your site.
- Include Product Images and Video – Again people identify with pictures and video wayyy more than simple black and white text. Pictures and Video make your site come to life. Learn how to embed pictures and video to get more conversions immediately.
- Reduce Steps and Information to “Sign Up” or Checkout – People want fast and simple. Make your email optin visible and don’t ask too much information. Keep it on one page if possible to keep your audience from jumping through too many hoops to increase conversions.
- Make Your Phone Number Readily Available – You would be amazed at the people I talk to that say they watched 10 videos before mine, but no one had a contact number on theirs. Every single day I get a call straight from Youtube with people wanting more information about what I’m marketing just because I included my number in the description. Same goes for your site. If you aren’t slammed with calls, include a phone number to make it easy for people to get in touch with you.
- Include a STRONG Call to Action – I kinda suck at this one to be honest but I’m trying to get better. I don’t like hype, or sales pitches, but focus on the end of your content or video with a good “next step” action item. In sales 80% of all sales calls end with no attempt to close. Don’t make that mistake. This is single handedly one of the best ways to increase conversions on your website!
- Don’t Ask for the Sale too Early – I’ve found that online marketing is a world of give and give. You have to give away something, and sometimes often, in order to make a sale. Just pitching your product won’t do anything for your conversions. You have to show benefits or your product, and many times that product is YOU! How can you help someone? Why should they do business with you? Be patient and sell at the end of your article or video if at all. Sometimes just giving away content like this helps people gain trust in you and they will reciprocate later and buy from you.
- Be Brief and Straight to the Point – I’ve found myself cutting down my content and making outlines to my videos to make them “tighter” and more to the point. This is a long article, but it is highly value added. Focus on telling your points quickly instead of rambling on about things people don’t care about. Storytelling is great for conversions and video, but wrap them up quickly or you will lose your audience.
- Conversations Tell, Documentation Sells – Ugh…how many times have you seen people claiming they are making thousands of dollars a month online shooting videos from a ratty trailer? No offense, but that game is soooo tired. Testimonials help with conversions, but documentation is one of the surest ways to show people that you not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.
- BIG Call to Action Button – Increasing the Size of your call to action button or changing the color of your optin form will direct people to where you want them to go. People’s eyes go where you lead them. Try to make your “next steps” stand out.
- Get Good Hosting and Faster Load Times on Your Site – Host Gator was ok for me when I started, but there is no way I could use them now. I use Bluehost which has low rates too, but they have an upgraded premium version I use now because of the traffic I get. Use w3 Total Cache on WordPress or get someone on Odesk to optimize your site to increase it’s speed. People won’t wait in this hustle and bustle world for a slow website and you will lose conversions because of it.
- BUILD YOUR LIST – This is the one thing you can do to increase your conversions over anything we’ve mentioned. All the items above will help, but at the end of the day remember that your list is the most valuable asset you possess as an online business owner. People may not buy from you today, but they are intrigued enough to know more about your offering if you position yourself correctly with your design, call to action items, and content. Just as in TV advertising, Billboards or print media, people need 5-7 exposures before they make a decision to make a purchase.
Word hard to continually learn new, fresh, valuable information that you can keep giving away to your audience. Work harder on yourself than you do on your job, and you will increase your value to the marketplace. The more value you have in the marketplace, the more money you will have in your bank account!
Put these 25 Tips to Getting More Conversions to use and please come back and let me know how they worked out for you! Please leave a comment if you have any other suggestions or share this with your network if you think it will add value to them as well. Make it your best day ever!
Get More Conversions
Get More Conversions
Get More Conversions