Avoid Wasting Time and Focus on Your Career
As I write this article I am probably somewhere around Colorado, 35K Feet up in the Sky, on my Way to Vegas, on a Plane. One of the things I hear often when I talk to people who want to start a home based business is that they don’t have time. In fact, it’s the #1 excuse for people to tell you no to your opportunity. I’ve heard it before, and so will you if you choose to start a home based business. Granted some people are really really busy, however I would contend that many people are either lazy, or that just don’t make good use of their time.
Those same people that tell you that they are busy, often misuse their time, and are living paycheck to paycheck as many people are. When I say misuse their time I mean they watch a lot of TV, reality shows, every ballgame you can think of, or all the X Factor or American Idol shows. (I’ve been guilty lately on X-Factor!) They are also the ones that play Farmville on Facebook, games on Playstation, XBox, or play other online games. In the age of technology, its harder and harder to stay focused on tasks that can help you build a nice home-based business.
We have cellular phones that surf the internet, tablets that allow us to play games, or computers that allow us to divert our attention to the latest celebrity gossip, or worse other time-killers such as pornography, etc. There are distractions everywhere. I love watching sporting events as much as anybody, and I like to surf the internet too. However, I learned a long time ago that all the distractions online and in my home can eat up my time and leave me wondering where it goes!
If you’re in need of more income, or have the desire to create a nice home-based business, you have to learn how to focus on things that make you income in your business, and avoid the pitfall of the time killers.
One thing we all have is 24 Hours in a day, and what we do with our time is the single biggest difference between winning, and losing in regards to our careers. There are people that set up businesses that allow them to have residual income because they learned at some point how to leverage their time. If you have the desire, you have that same ability, but there are decisions you can make today to help you make the most of your time, and get you on the path to financial stability. Remember that in order to change your life, you have to CHANGE your life!
I’ll give you a few tips of what you can do to leverage your time, create good content on typical down-time, ways you can begin working on your personal development, and help get you on the right track for change.
- Plan Your Day – Nothing helps cut down on time wasted like planning and mapping out your day. Know what you’re going to do before you start your day. Prioritize your activity, and fill it up with purposeful activity. I also ask myself a question many times throughout the day. Here’s the question “What’s the Most Important thing I can do RIGHT NOW?” Fill in the gaps throughout the day by asking yourself this question. It really helps
- Limit Your Time on the TV – This is the single biggest time waster most people have. Limit your TV time to 30-60 Minutes a Day if possible, or maybe a ballgame a week. Many people I know have turned their cable off completely in the home, and keep the TV there for an occasional movie. It feels great when you know you’ve accomplished something, and didn’t waste your time. Start with the TV…
- Work on Personal Development during Non-Productive times – If you’re in the Car, On a Plane, late at night, or early in the morning this is a good time to work on yourself. The more time you spend on YOU, the better off you’re going to be. Read something positive, a self help book, an inspiring story before you go to bed, or during the time you would have watched TV. Listen to motivational CD’s when you’re driving or on a plane. Remember the saying “Positive in, Positive Out”. People will see the changes you are making, and that’s when the magic happens. People will follow positive people. Positive people earn more, and sell more. Work on yourself first, and everything else will get a little easier. 30 Minutes or more per day is a good goal
- Work on Content Wherever, and Whenever You can – If you’re building an online business, the more content you have and the more you distribute via multiple channels, the more customers you’re going to have. Don’t worry if it’s perfect, just do it. I’m on a plane writing an article instead of sleeping, and I do a few videos occasionally when I drive. Stay in the zone for producing content if you’re building an online business, and get it out there. It works, and you can knock it out pretty easily anywhere.
- Work-out 3 Days a Week – This goes back to personal development, but working out gives you the energy to be productive, and clears your head in the process to be more creative. We have to destress, and working out will allow you to focus better, and feel better about yourself in the process.
- Avoid Surfing the Internet for “Entertainment” – The internet is similar to TV. The content is designed to occupy our mind to get us engaged to want more. Pornography, Celebrity Gossip, Sports Scores, are all examples of time killers on the Internet that have even wrecked people’s careers.
- Find an Accountability Partner – Consider finding an accountability partner to help you stay on task, and have them ask about your weaknesses as well. Look for someone that has similar goals to you, and try to talk once a day or 4-5 times per week.
I recognize with so many obligations and easy access to technology that its harder than ever to stay focused on income-producing activity. I hope these tips help you, and that you take full advantage going into 2012 to have your best year ever. I’m really excited about the potential in this economy this year, so if I can help you in any way please let me know. Happy New Year and make 2012 a Great One!
To Your Success,
P.S. If you’re looking for duplicatable consistent training from some of the brightest minds in the marketing industry, please visit My Lead System Pro. I use it, my team uses it, as well as many of the top earners in the industry. It’s a Gold Mine of Information and Resources that will help you moving forward in your career.
Start a Home Based Business
Start a Home Based Business
Start a Home Based Business