The Business of the 21st Century
The Business of the 21st Century book by Robert Kiyosaki is written with the intent to explore the benefits of a home based business. Robert Kiyosaki is the famous author of the National Best Selling Book Rich Dad Poor Dad, and has been an advocate of the Network Marketing industry for years. I read The Business of the 21st Century last year, and made a video explaining the 8 advantages of starting a home based business.
In this article I will list the 8 Benefits of Starting a Home Based Business, and why everyone you know should at least consider starting one in 2012. It’s Christmas time now, and while our minds are focused on Christmas gifts, travel plans, and family gatherings, it’s also a great time to start thinking about starting a new home based business for 2012.
Typical Businesses and Individuals are all doing the same as you in regards to their Christmas plans. So if you have time during the Christmas break, be thinking about what you can do in 2012 to make it your best year ever. If you’re not in the best place financially, it’s really ok because many people’s lives have drastically changed in the last 2 years. However, don’t focus on the enormity or difficult tasks you may not understand of starting the business, focus on getting started one step at a time.
I often say don’t focus on the results, focus on the activity. Results come from income producing activity. Writing content, posting videos, doing keyword research are examples of simple things you can do to build an online presence. Building your social media network, calling prospects, giving out samples, going to network meetings, etc are examples of income producing activity that can help you build a network marketing business.
When I talk to people about starting a home based business, I always advise them to find something they’re passionate about (not lukewarm because it will never work), follow a proven system from a leader in the business, and focus as much energy as possible to repeating the daily tasks to expose their opportunity to as many people as possible. Once you have a team of people to work with, teach them to do the same. It’s really that simple, so please don’t over-analyze the network marketing industry.
1. Choose YOUR Niche 2. Follow a Good System 3. Be Consistent in Your Efforts
- A Real World Business Education – People dream of owning a restaurant, a hair salon, a construction company, etc but many times they have no understanding or capital to start the business. A legitimate home based business gives you the education of mentoring other people, selling products to others, and creates many leaders all over the world. It’s a great vehicle to learn how to run a business.
- A Productive Path to Personal Development – Leaders are readers and most successful network marketers are extremely driven, and immersed in the world of personal development. What the mind can believe it can achieve. Every leader in Network Marketing I’ve ever met has a personal development system in place that involves reading positive books often, listening to audio or video, and they do it consistently. It’s a vital part of the network marketing industry.
- You’re Surrounded by Like-Minded People – It’s a fact we become like the Top 5 people that we spend our time with. In Network Marketing, you’re surrounded by dreamers, and you can align yourself with successful people that are “out-of-the-box” thinkers. This is the part I like the most. I talk to positive minded people all day…every day, and I love it.
- You Can Build Your Own Network – Think of every wealthy person you know. Almost everyone I know that is wealthy did so with the help of a team of people. Multiple employees if they own a company, multiple partners if they grew their business, or an extensive network of resources that help them achieve more than they could by themselves. You need a Network of partners to leverage your time. Network Marketing can give ANYONE just that, without the expense of employees or overhead.
- A Duplicatable Scalable System – We all have big ideas, a cookie recipe, a health concept, a time saving idea, etc, but reality is very few of us have the financial resources, or the ability to take the big risk in our current situation to pull it off successfully. Network Marketing companies typically are stable (make sure you check the financials of yours) enough financially, and have all the systems in place to allow for exponential growth very quickly. I’ve had my own businesses before, and trust me, don’t underestimate how simple building a Network Marketing business is versus a traditional small business.
- Incomparable Leadership Skills – We talked about Personal Development earlier, but the leadership skills you can attain within a Network Marketing or MLM Business is quite remarkable. I’ve seen Mom’s, Teachers, and people that in their normal careers I would characterize as “normal” people. However, once they start achieving success in MLM, something clicks in them that you can’t describe until you see it happen. The leadership skills come out in the process, and some of the best leaders I’ve ever met are in the industry. It can and will happen to you too if you’re with the right company, and focus on the system, and focus on the needs of your team leaders. Its a business of helping others…period.
- Mechanism to Create Genuine Wealth – We’ve talked about the simplicity, the lack or risk, scalability, and unique products that are already in place to create a nice business. It’s a Fact that The Network Marketing industry produces more millionaires than any industry in the world. Ordinary people have done extraordinary things in MLM because of all the things I’ve described, and they simply followed a system. Anyone can do it, and that means you too.
- Tax Advantages of a Home Based Business – Pay close attention…if you receive a W2 and don’t own a home based business, you are missing a great opportunity to increase your take-home pay. Think about the miles you drive to work and the annual vacations you take. Without owning a business, you virtually have no way of deducting any additional expenses from your gross income. I’m not saying to cheat the Government, but working a home based business is fun, you will meet lots of new people, it can provide extra income, and is a very simple way to allow for more tax deductions on your tax return. Most home based businesses are less than $500 to start, and the tax deductions from one will far outweigh the cost of starting the business. Find one that you enjoy, and work it part-time to supplement your income, but most importantly give you the tax advantage you can benefit from.
As I write this in December 18, 2011 and New Years is almost here. Do your homework, find the best business for you, and start a profitable home-based business in 2012. In a down economy there is opportunity, and there has never been a better time to seek additional income. In fact, there were more millionaires created during the depression than at any other time in American History. We are in a similar situation now in today’s economy in 2012. I can tell you first hand that people are hungry, they are looking for answers, and you just might benefit if you’ll give it your best effort. I’d love to help you so let me know if I can. Have an amazing 2012!!
PS: If Your Success Team Does Not Have a Step-By-Step Blueprint For Success, Check This Out (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) – Click Here For Instant Access
Benefits of a Home Based Business
Benefits of a Home Based Business
Benefits of a Home Based Business