Core Commitments to Make Money from Home
I’ve been trying really hard lately to teach people how to earn extra income from home. People are desperately searching for the elusive answers to how they can find a better way of life, make money from home, or improve their marketing skills. My experience tells me they need is a system, a mentor/mentors, and a daily routine of things they MUST do to make money from home.
But who can they trust to give them advice?
There is so much noise online, and after seeing so much of the “gurus” garbage out there promising rags to riches or “easy button” money I wanted to try to dumb it down just a little.
There’s no easy button really, but there is a method in which you can succeed in building a successful online or offline business. I read a book recently called “The Slight Edge” by Jeff Olsen. It’s by far the best personal development book I’ve ever read because it gives you application advice, not just flowery words.
Do This. Get That.
Following his principles, here is exactly what I focus on every day, every week, and every month to make a six figure income with the freedom to work from home. Notice I started with DAILY. If you’re overwhelmed, I understand why. I have ADHD and I get lost in the big picture sometimes, and forget to focus on what has made me successful.
We all want immediate results, me included. However, if I focus on my daily core commitments to myself, I KNOW success will come as a result. I want to win a little everyday, solid “singles and doubles”, and achieve my goals in smaller increments.
- Spend 30 Minutes a Day on Personal Development and Mindset Training – 99% of all Networkers fail because of they fail to work on themselves first. It all starts with mindset, belief, and confidence. Whether you think you can or can’t do something…you’re right. Your subconscious mind is the most valuable asset you have. Listen to good audios or videos throughout the day. Read 10 Pages of a good book 250 Days a year. That’s 2500 pages a year of valuable content that will literally change you over time. You may not notice the difference, but your peers and your prospects most certainly will. Do this daily to maximize your potential!
- Blog or Make a Video Daily – This core commitment is my “Bread and Butter”. Make a post of 400-800 Words each and every day, or a short video with good SEO. Write about personal development of my affiliate products to draw in interested parties to my opportunities. Focus on value added content, not spammy or salesy content. Be a problem solver.
- Market Daily & Learn New Skills – This core commitment goes hand in hand with blogging daily. Each time you write a new blog post, post it to LinkedIN if it is value added, your Facebook Fan Page(s) if it is for your business. Join TribePro and invite prospects to join free webinars, or share quality videos where possible. Consider paid traffic sources as well. Check out “Can the average person succeed? to find out other free and paid traffic sources. Try to learn from some of the better marketers and what they are doing to be successful. Tweak your videos or your blog accordingly. 30 Minutes a day should do the trick.
- Contact 3-5 New Prospects for Your Business – Don’t overwhelm yourself. Focus on the activity not the results. It’s simple to do, yet simple not to do. This activity is the KEY to success online or offline business building. Don’t worry about what they say, simply make the calls. Calls are better than emails, though 10 personal emails can help build your business as well. Sending blanket messages on your Facebook DOESN’T count for anything when building your business. It rarely works.
- Follow the 4 E’s on Social Media – Empower – Make comments on other people’s posts on Facebook, Youtube, or LinkedIn, etc. People like to know they have helped, and will return the favor to you on your content. Enlighten – Use good quotes you read during your personal development time or heard recently. Share a good story or video you’ve seen. Educate – Again, sharing value added content (not spammy content) will ATTRACT people to you. Share a new skill you’ve learned about blogging, diet tips, news events, etc. Entertain – Try to keep Facebook “Lite” when possible. It’s for sharing your life, what you’re up to, family events, vacations, etc. Try to throw in a funny video, joke, or gesture when possible.
- Check your Email a Few Times a Day – This is a tough one with Smart Phones and instant internet access. I get hundred emails a day and can get behind if I don’t check it often. However, I need to focus on other important tasks instead of waiting for the next email to come in. Leads are included, so they are critical. It’s just a major distraction if you let it control your day.
- Call Your Leads – Once you have checked email and have leads to follow up with, give them total focus without distractions. I try to use a Card Box system by day when possible to file each name by day that I’m supposed to follow up on. Try getting a Contact Manager like SendOutCards to keep everyone in one place.
- Send a REAL Printed Thank You Card Once a Day and a Gift a Week – This isn’t something most people talk about or will ever do. It’s tough (I don’t always do it), but wow what a huge difference it makes in the Law of Positive Attraction. Thank someone for who they are, purchasing a product from you, or simply to tell them you love and appreciate them. SendOutCards is an awesome tool to incorporate this into your marketing and follow-up plan for about $1.50 a day in minutes online.
- Attend Live Webinars, Events and Calls when Possible – Staying “Plugged In” to your company is so critical. It will help you connect with other Networkers and you will usually get a good nugget or two of information on every call. Knowledge is power. Attending Live Events for your company, again, is CRITICAL to your success. Teaching your team to do the same is THE best way to build a large group. You may be “In” a company, but your company may not be “In You”. Live events help you and your teams belief system more than any other thing you can do.
- Attend Local Networking Events – Join BNI, E-Women Groups or Some kind of business networking group. Most professional networkers have a huge online presence but also are well known in their local community. Be a “Go-Giver” when networking. Don’t focus on what you can get. Focus on what you can give. Give out leads, referrals when possible and you will attract the same in return.
You can download my outline for these 10 Daily core commitments to make money from home, and change them with your own words. Print this document out, and post in several places you will see often. It WORKS! Focus on the invisible results. Eating a hamburger today or not working out won’t hurt, but over time bad decisions pile up and they’re hard to reverse.
The Next Step is to Plug in to a great online marketing system if you lack skills. You need to surround yourself with a mentor or a group of mentors trying to achieve the same thing as you. What better way to learn something than to work with someone that has achieved your desired goal. Check out MLSP, MyLeadSystemPro. It’s the best attraction marketing system on the market…period.
Make good decisions daily, even hourly and YOU can change your life in 90 days! Make it a great one!
Make Money from Home
Make Money from Home
Make Money from Home